In November 2013 Hockey Wales signed up to the Voluntary Code of Good Governance. The Hockey Wales Board of Directors and staff team, is committed to continually developing our High Performing Organisation agenda, excellent governance is a core part of this work.
The Voluntary Code of Good Governance is designed to enable sport and recreation organisations to aspire to and maintain good governance. It is a tool to help Sports National Governing Body Boards perform their role by outlining seven simple principles in the following areas:
- Integrity: Acting as guardians of the sport, recreation, activity or area;
- Defining and evaluating the role of the board;
- Delivery of vision, mission and purpose;
- Objectivity: Balanced, inclusive and skilled board;
- Standards, systems and controls;
- Accountability and transparency;
- Understanding and engaging with the sporting landscape.
Read more about the Code of Good Governance on the Sport and Recreation Alliance website.